April 3, 2010

Davenport III






It seems to have become a lot darker, but that's party due to the fact that I photographed it more accurately this time. And that I did darken things up a bit too.

The rocks are now taking on a more dimensional look, and the blues don't jump to the front as much. I think that little tree has to go, or be moved somewhere. The distant hills just aren't doing it for me. I can't decide what color or value they really are or should be. In the photo:

1. They're green, because they're covered with rich spring vegetation.
2. But they're less saturated, because they're far away.
3. Which means they reflect more blue light due to the distance
4. Though they are reflecting the warm light of the sun as well
5. And they have reds, purples and browns of the rocks, soil and dead vegetation.
6. But they should have less detail and be simplified to not draw attention away from the focal point, which is...

So, if I had to pick one color to make those hills... I just haven't found it yet.

No comments: