December 2, 2012

Racer 5

Acrylic on Panel - 6 x 6 inches Ω

Just finished my submission to the Daily Paintworks Blue Challenge. And I had all week, but no, I had to wait until Sunday afternoon. I'm really slipping. Like everything else, I'll just blame it on the holidays.

This is a toy car I found lying about the apartment. The cue ball in the background is really an orange, which I may render more faithfully later, but in rereading the instructions for this week, I noticed that we were encouraged to not use large orange shapes to offset the blue. Naturally I totally ignored this suggestion as I photographed the set up, but in painting it today, I left it grey anyway.

Despite that, the oddest thin that struck my was all those little orange highlights in the wheels/tires. Not sure where they were coming from.

No comments: