April 4, 2009

Dang Landscape




Acrylic on Canvas Paper

This is another crack at that landscape that I was going to do more as an abstract, just to work on colors and shapes. I started out with a nice red stripe, then the yellow, the green and blue. But something happened and I forgot myself and 30 minutes later I had become obsessed with tiny unimportant details and had ruined the abstract completely.

I don't really know how it happened. Maybe because the page was so big, maybe the brush too small. Hmmm. 

I will try one more time manana.

3 comments:

L.Holm said...

Boy I can empathize with that situation! Exactly what I've been doing all day. Tweaking detail and losing the point. This has a nice feel to it. I like the way the mid-ground slash of red pulls me in to the tree line.

Cathie Tonkins said...

I like the mountains in the distance. I am working on a landscape right now and boy are we in the same boat! Majoring in minors again. Not easy to leave things alone when you think you are there….

NAVAL LANGA said...

I liked this landscape very much, especially the color-scheme and the use of brush strokes.

Naval Langa
PAINTINGS GALLERIES