September 16, 2009

Gringo Cakes



Acrylic on Canvas Panel

My latest submission for the DSFDF challenge. I had such high hopes for this, but basically wound up with about 30 minutes to get it together. Just glad I even remembered to do that much. Check out the other artist's takes on this. This was one of the tightest assignments and even given the vast array of submissions, they tend to fall into certain patterns, which made me more than a little cautious. They're all great, but what can you do? Karin says it is also the largest outpouring of new contributors, so it's well worth a look.

I've been bad. I've been absent.

I have a volume of excuses, none of which are are interesting or pertinent.

Let's just chalk it up to... well... a lapse. It happens.

I'm back online and with a vengeance.

Gracias, all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL... I love the way your frosting turned out. Must better than my dusty looking ones!

Ann Rogers said...

Thirty minutes...I'm impressed! Nice entry!

L.Holm said...

Absolutely fantastic! Wow. Has your classic lush paint application. Glad you're back.

Gwen Bell said...

Glad you're back! Love these delicious cupcakes sans sprinkles. Great job on the icing and strong shadows.

Becky Drees said...

I agree, your shadows and brushtrokes are really working here.