May 7, 2010

Prague


Acrylic on Canvas Paper - 9 x 12 inches

It's a new month, so a new Virtual Paintout event. This time the location is the Czech Republic. An entire nation as a virtual location!

The real challenge was finding spots that had actually been logged by Google's streetview crew. After hunting for a while, I gave in and went straight to the river front in Prague.

I really need to stop painting on the canvas paper, though I seem to have tons of it in supply. It really sucks the moisture out of the paint, and makes it hard to get any "flow" happening. I never really noticed it before, but since I've been painting on panels and postcards, I can really tell the difference.

I guess I could put a heavier base coat on the paper, but at that point, I might as well use something else. Anybody ever experience this phenomenon too?

4 comments:

Horst said...

Same experience with the paper, it's really a waste of time to save a few pennies on the painting support.
Horst

carringtonpbrown said...

your work is beautiful!

sarah meredith said...

I really like this painting of Prague - I too have spent a great deal of time poking around the roads of the Czech Republic and the Canary Islands looking for good shots, and I am starting to get the hang of the street views - it is kind of fun. I don't think I am ever going to get to either place, but now I have a good idea of what they look like.

Becky Drees said...

Excellent! I love this!