February 9, 2009

Mug Study 1



Acrylic on Canvas Paper

Get ready for a slew of boring studies! I was inspired by Carol Marine's use of objects lying about as subjects and she also mentioned how difficult white ceramics where particularly challenging. Boy was she right. This is a coffee mug that was on my desk, and though a little greener and darker than pure white, it was very challenging. So, I did a bunch of 'em, and am posting them in order. More interesting paintings to appear in a few days.

1 comment:

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Gringo, I enjoy your work and your blog. I am giving you an Art Blog Award. You really deserve it. Cut and paste the award from my blog. If you choose to, list 7 things you love and then list 7 fellow bloggers you like. Then notify the 7 that they have received awards. Congratulations! Camille