May 16, 2009

Lemon





Acrylic on Canvas Board Ω
This is a great little car (sorry I know nothing about cars) parked on the front lawn of a residence in Salinas. The frame on the license plate says "I work, my husband's the bum."
This is a big canvas, for me, 14x18 inches. There's way too much on-canvas blending going on. I prefer the broken color in the grass at the bottom right and the looseness of the trees in the upper right. The rest can go in the dumper. Maybe I'll try going over this with broader strokes soon.

4 comments:

L.Holm said...

I like the whole thing (including knowing about the funny license plate frame).

Avocaken said...

Listen to Liz, she knows! I like it also. Put it away then look at it later. You'll really like it!

See ya later.
Ken B.

Gevin Shaw said...

Because I'm sure you care, jf:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/mno/Nash-Metropolitan-Convertible-Green-White-SA.htm

rick said...

I'm going to agree with you on this one - I really, really like it all but that triangle in the lower left, including the side of the car. It looks like you got tired of it and just wanted to be done.

I'm not sure which direction I like better, but I feel like I like I want what you've done in the top part of the painting.