July 8, 2009

Sonoma Security





Acrylic on Canvas Panel (destroyed)
Well, I don't hate it, but it does bug me. Pretty much the same problem I had with the rower. This is only a 5 x 7 panel, so to do any real detail, I'd need a tiny brush, and I don't like using tiny brushes.
The problem is if I quickly gesture a few strokes, the colors look right, but the mind translates those strokes into actual facial expressions, making her look like she had a stroke. Scrub it out, try again, and now it's wrong, but just in a different way. I feel like I'd have to take endless attempts until I got the looseness I want and a set of features that don't shock or offend. I mean, in the photo she's an attractive woman.
I may try this again on a larger panel, but I'm afraid it'll be the same. I'll wind up getting all obsessed about the strands of hair or her earring and loose sight of keepin' it loose.

No comments: