January 25, 2010

Corner Shop Revisited continued...



Here's the basic blocking in. I was essentially trying to map out the larger color shapes while pushing the shadow areas cooler and the sunlit areas warmer. I was very tempted to stop right here, because it has all the information for you to know what this image is, and has lots of contrast and great little bits of the ground color showing through. Nice and loose.

However, I decided to push on and see where I could take it, and in the process, maybe discover where that line between finished and over-done is.

2 comments:

Chartan said...

that line..... i have not yet found it, but i know when i've crossed it, about 5 minutes after the fact.. please keep taking photos as you push on, so as to document the finding of it.... thank you.

Unknown said...

Great choice in your composition here Big G. This has a very nice rustic feel to it. I like it!