March 28, 2010

Chyna IV




I didn't think there was enough contrast between the hills and her hair, which really should be the brightest, glowingest shiny part of the painting, so I added more blue to the hill colors, and darkened them a bit more. Ditto for the close face of the wall. I continued to round out the shapes of the arm, shoulder, legs and body. I added more detail to the shirt, and then suddenly felt like I had to try the stripes in the top. I would normally only hint at them or leave that kind of detail out altogether, but I thought it might help define the contours of the torso.

I think I'm essentially done here. If I were to do more, I'd probably lighten the sky and the water a bit more, but that's about it.


I think it looks a little darker here than in real life due to sloppy photography management. I really need to get a system and stick to it.

2 comments:

Chartan said...

very nice.

Tripp said...

Awesome, I like this tighter version rather than the looser ones. I'm usually the other way on that notion, but humans require a little bit more definition me thinks. Brilliant composition.