January 17, 2014

Interior

Acrylic on Panel - 5 x 7 inches - Click Here to Bid

This week's Daily Paintworks Challenge is "Interiors" because of the awful winter weather outside. Ahem. It was sunny and over 70 yesterday.

I did this view of my living room without any photo aids which was really challenging with the white curtains, white shades, white walls and all black furniture. The values are OK, but the colors of all the white stuff is really wrong. But who am I to say.

Even more annoying is the texture. I primed a bunch of panels with a little roller I got at the paint store. Apparently a bad move, because it left the panel with an ugly dotted surface, and when I photographed it with a little side lighting, it looked like it was sprinkled with poppy seeds. Yuck. It's kind of amazing I didn't notice this at all while painting it.

I guess sandpaper is going to be my next investment. 

No comments: