March 29, 2014

Alamo Gold


Acrylic on Panel - 24 x 36 inches - Click Here to Bid

Coincident of my new series on Alamo Square Park, the Daily Paintworks Challenge for this week is the Four Tube Challenge, where one is supposed to only use 4 colors –  white, cadmium yellow medium, cadmium red medium, and phthalo blue. I substituted black for the blue.

Again, there is no blue in this painting, it just looks that way because of the other colors, and the mind wants to decipher the sky as blue. This illusion is further enhance because of what Photoshop, my camera and this web browser are doing to the image.

Having just posted this picture, I already want to change a few things, which is why it's not for sale, yet. I could say that about most of my posts, but this time I know I really am going to change this a bit, in the next few days.

No comments: