January 6, 2012

Baby Blues




Acrylic on Canvas - 18 x 18 inches - Click Here to Bid

Still playing catchup with the Daily Paintworks Challenges. This week's assignment is to  Change the Colors in a painting. I'm not sure I kept completely with the theme, now that I've gone back and re-read the instructions, but I think I met the spirit of the challenge. I painted directly over my last entry of the red shoes, which I didn't really like anyway.

I decided to change to a pair of blue suede shoes in honor of the King's birthday on Sunday. I actually have a pair like this, but I tried to just use my imagination for coming up with the color change and style change (no laces). I was hoping to let a little of the red show through for a bit of sparkle, but I have some sort of compunction to fill everything in!

I also picked some random colors for my palette that Santa had brought me; green gold, hansa yellow, medium violet, transparent yellow iron oxide, and good old ultramarine blue.

1 comment:

Marla said...

I like both the red and the blue version, but I REALLY like the background in the blue.

I've been sick for almost a month now and haven't done much in my studio except clean brushes. So much for New Year's resolutions!