January 15, 2012

Breakfast


Acrylic on Panel - 7 x 5 inches - n/a


More playing catchup with the Daily Paintworks Challenges. This past week's assignment was to paint your breakfast. I had just finished preparing my breakfast when I read about the challenge, so before I could think of some clever spin on breakfast (pizza) I just snapped a shot of what was before me and painted it later in the week.

The ugly triangle is actually a slice of frittata, and the other things are strawberry slices and a fork. I can't decide which is the worst side effect of taking too much time off from painting, remembering how to paint, or remembering how to see. I felt totally lost doing this, and you can tell how unsure I was, because the paint is really thin (you can see the texture of the canvas poking through everywhere).

I didn't make any New Year's resolutions, but that's still no excuse for slacking off. I will try to post more regularly, just as soon as I ...

No comments: